Safety is our number one concern at Hooker Creek, for both our employees and our customers!
At the core of Hooker Creek’s values is our commitment to safety. Safety comes first and extends to our employees, our customers, our suppliers and our community. The results of this commitment are safe work practices and procedures that combine the most efficient and cost effective construction methods with the highest level of safety possible. Hooker Creek Companies has achieved one of the lowest MOD rates in the industry. At the present time, Hooker Creek’s MOD rate is .83 with an industry average being 1.0. This low rate enables Hooker Creek to bid all jobs available including State and Federal jobs.
Hooker Creek employs a full time Safety Director who is responsible for ensuring that our employees not only follow State and Federal safety guidelines, but also those of Hooker Creek.
Hooker Creek works hard to ensure compliance with OR-OSHA and Federal MSHA standards as they apply to all employees and workplaces. Hooker Creek’s Safety Compliance Standards include:
- Personal Protective Equipment Standards
- Fleet Safety Program
- Fall Protection
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Hazard Communication Program
- Forklift Safety Certification
- Crane Operator Safety Training
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Fire Protection and Emergency Plan
- Site Specific Safety Plans
- Storm Water Management and Spill Response
- Weekly Toolbox Training
- Safety Supplies/First Aid Supplies
If you have any questions about Hooker Creek and our Safety policies you may contact SafetyManager@hookercreek.net